Friday, March 13, 2009

Am I still in Samsara?

Thhhaannkk you, Hamsa, for my sandwiches! The only nori-tofu sandwich on the plane was alll mine.

I ate the first in Houston's airport and the second in Palermo House Hostel, where I am staying until my responsibilities begin.

Clearly this is going to be a stream-of-consciousness-style entry, probably because I slept very little on the plane... when I woke up though Nancy (today's ""Stranger" of the Day" Award Winner) told me to look out the window, and there over the wing I saw the moon!

Coming through customs was fine; I wonder though if organic student trail mix is permitted into the country.

The city is way cleaner than India, but not as clean as Fayetteville. Speaking of India, it is hot. And speaking of India, I ate dinner at an awesome Indian restaurant recommended by LonelyPlanet: Argentina (my guidebook).

I am going to an Ashtanga Yoga class in the morning at 10; it'll be my first such class.

OK, it is 9:50 in Buenos Aires and I am ready for bed.

One last thing, and then we'll just run through the Public Service Announcement: Tonight I visited with Stephen Ironside la and Geshe Dorjee la on Skype, and Geshe la asked if I was still in Samsara (cyclic existence) even though I'm in Argentina. Hence the name of this entry!

PSA:
Tibet was invaded by China in 1949-50 and in '59, there was a major uprising on the 10th, and another major women's uprising on the 12th, so let's keep Tibet in our thoughts this week. Fly info can be found at: http://www.savetibet.org/

1 comment:

  1. Stephen, I think your blog is a wonderful idea. Please do keep it up. It will also serve as a great journal when you can print off and keep. Have fun and be safe.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete